The network has been established to bring together representatives from endocrinology in each hospital Trust within the Northern region with the aims of enhancing patient safety and raising the quality of endocrine care across the region through strategic co-working and partnership
The vision of the group
1. In conjunction with all relevant stakeholders, to work towards developing guidelines and pathways of care for endocrine diseases that promote consistent, high quality care throughout the Northern region
2. To develop audits and other assessment approaches to understand the current state of care for endocrine diseases in the region and inform this development
3. To identify gaps in service, barriers and challenges to service improvement in the region and approaches to meet them
4. To provide peer support, mentorship and good counsel
5. To link to national networks and share learning
6. To develop research opportunities for endocrine trainees in the region
7. To work to achieve these aims and objectives with the full range of stakeholders including: clinicians, service users (including families/carers), commissioners, Clinical Commissioning groups, service managers, the research/academic community, the voluntary sector and local networks/stakeholder groups where these exist.
Meeting will be held every 3- 4 months and the venue will alternate between UHND, Durham and Sunderland Hospital.
Support for venue and refreshment costs may be provided by the hosting endocrine department or other sponsors as appropriate
The Chair will have the support of other core members as listed above in compiling the agenda, informing network members, taking notes and following up actions
Each member of the group will communicate information from the meeting to their areas and staff.
Clinical governance arrangements:
The Guidelines and recommendations developed by the Network will be taken forward by individual members for further discussion and implementation, with or without appropriate local amendments, via policy and pathways in place in individual trusts
The network aspires to develop external peer reviewed quality assurance of its working processes in due course.