Newcastle Diabetic Foot Meeting – Innovations in Diabetic Foot Care
Friday 1st March 2019
An exciting meeting on innovations in Diabetic Foot Care, with a wide-ranging programme. Not to be missed!
• Introduction – The diabetic foot in the 21st century – Epidemiology and health economy issues
• The frail patient with multiple co-morbidities
• Vascular diagnostic and treatment innovations
• Infection: diagnosis, microbial resistance and novel treatment methods
• Modern imaging techniques to aid in management.
• Impaired wound healing: innovative treatments and role of plastic surgery
• Footwear and Offloading – beyond the total contact cast
• Neuro-Osteoarthropathy (Charcot disease) & the role of Orthopaedic Surgeon.
• Round table breakaway groups
• Casting techniques & Podiatry
• ‘Beams and Bolts’
• Vascular workshop