CME (Continued Medical Education)
These are three mandatory full-day sessions of specialty teaching in Diabetes and Endocrinology. they are held every October (at James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough), January (Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne) and May (Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne).
- Committee members: Dr Ashwin Joshi, Dr Andy James, Dr Murali Ganguri, Dr Suhel Ashraff, Dr Vikram Lal, Dr Owain Leng, Dr Usman Javaid, and Dr Ahmed Al-Sharefi
MERIT (Masterclass in Endocrine and diabetes Regional Interactive Teaching)
These comprise afternoon sessions in each of the training hospitals in the North East, organised and delivered by the trainees, with the support of local consultants. They relate to more practical aspects of clinical practice and occur once a month (except for months with CME study days).
- organised by CME committee
SpR Management Forum
- Committee members: Dr Sviatlana Zhyzhneuskaya, Dr Satish Artham and Dr Suhel Ashraff
NERDES (North East Regional Diabetes and Endocrine Study forum)
- Committee members: Dr Ali Aldibbiat, Dr Anna Mitchell and Dr Alison Heggie
North East Endocrine Network Website Editors
- Dr Praveen Partha, Dr Ashwin Joshi, Dr David Bishop, Dr Ahmed Al-Sharefi, and Dr Owain Leng