The North East Diabetes Trust is a small charity established by George Alberti to fund research on diabetes in Africa and also in the North East of England. The funds for Africa are now disbursed and it is intended to close the charity.
The Trustees have resolved to offer the remaining funds as a small grant or grants for research in this region. Applications are invited:
Between £2,000 and £8,000
- For research on any aspect of diabetes – equipment, consumables or staff cost
- For research training in a specific technique
- Basic or clinical science
- To be awarded for administration by University or Hospital
- Based in the North East of England
The award or awards will be made on scientific merit and potential benefit for people with diabetes. Any award is conditional upon provision of a final report.
Applications should be submitted as a Word file of approximately 2 sides of A4 including:
- Importance of the research question
- Plan of investigation
- Key references
Applications should be marked ‘NEDT’ and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th January.
On behalf of the Trustees